This spring’s event boasts more projects and collaborators than any previous events as multiple UO student organizations work together to maximize involvement and community impact.
Nine service projects involving more than 200 UO students and community and city partners will be completed in near campus neighborhoods.
- In West and South University neighborhoods, volunteers will partner with Friends of Trees to plant more than 25 street trees.
- In Washburne Park, volunteers will add gravel to paths, sand and stain benches, and prune vegetation.
- In Hendricks Park, volunteers will remove invasive species and maintain trails.
- In West University neighborhood, volunteers will pick up trash along streets and alleys.
- At two Food for Lane County sites, volunteers will work in the Grassroots and Youth Gardens.
- At Central Presbyterian Church, volunteers will weed and maintain vegetation.
- In the South University neighborhood, weather permitting, volunteers will spray paint street names on curbs.
- In Alton Baker Park, volunteers will work with Nearby Nature leaders to remove invasive plants, chip paths, and weed areas.